Neuropathy is a collection of conditions that occurs when nerves are damaged. The specific cause of neuropathy will vary, but in the case of Diabetics it is generally referred to as peripheral neuropathy and usually results from improper glucose management. In reference to Diabetic individuals, the most common nerve pain symptoms are found in the arms, legs, and feet (peripheral body parts) which are most often affected.
Causes of Neuropathy
Many cases of neuropathy are the result of unknown causes, however for the majority of patients with nerve pain there are known causes. Some of these causes are a result of Alcohol abuse, chemotherapy, physical trauma or injury, Tumors, Autoimmune Diseases, Toxin exposure, and of course Diabetes.
Neuropathic pain treatment can be found with the use of many different techniques. The patient and medical provider must evaluate the symptoms and underlying causes of the pain in order to properly discuss a viable neuropathic pain treatment. Pain thresholds tend to vary widely for all individuals, especially when considering the different underlying causes of the pain. Some individuals may find the use of over the counter medications such as Ibuprofen to be helpful, while others need the use of numbing cream patches or topical ointments, yet others find the pain so unbearable that the use of prescription drugs must be given as an immediate form of relief. Some of the most commonly used neuropathic pain treatment options are as follows:
- Prescriptions for Neuropathic Pain Treatment
- Antiseizure Medications (Such as Gabapentin, Carbamazepine, example would be other medications) can help with the burning sensations patients associate with nerve pain.
- Antidepressant Medications (TCA’s or Tricyclic Antidepressants, example would be certain medications)
- Topical Ointments (both over the counter and prescription). One ointment for nerve pain treatments is the use of capsaicin cream or ointment
- Alternatives in Neuropathic Pain Treatment
- Therapies (which include physical, massage, or occupational)
- Nerve Stimulation
- Supplements used in Neuropathic Pain Treatment
- Vitamin B Supplements
- Alpha lipoic acid
Any individual who is dealing with nerve pain can utilize the information given in order to more knowledgably discuss neuropathic pain treatment options with their health care provider, however it is important to note that one should never try and self-diagnose nor self-treat when nerve pain symptoms are present.
Learn about the best nerve pain solution on the market
The formula has been used by more than 100,000 people and comes with a 100% money back guarantee. If you act now, you can get a FREE 2 week trial of the product.