Alpha Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant that can protect body cells from damage caused by the oxidative effects of free radicals. Research shows that Alpha Lipoic Acid seems to help prevent certain types of cell damage within the body, can restore levels of vitamins E and C, as well as improve the function and conduction of the neurons in diabetic patients. It is also very readily absorbed by the body as a supplement.
Alpha Lipoic Acid can be given intravenously or by mouth in capsule form. Treatment may take a few weeks to patients to see improvement with their symptoms. The medical benefits from taking Alpha Lipoic Acid seem to be endless, however a few of the most commonly treated disorders with the use of Alpha Lipoic Acid are as follows:
- Diabetes – Individuals suffering from diabetes deal with one of the most common degenerative diseases within the Unites States. Studies have shown that the use of Alpha Lipoic Acid have significant reduction in complications associated with diabetes such as neuropathy and cataracts. It has also been shown to help diabetics reduce the dependency on insulin.
- Heart Disease – Alpha Lipoic Acid has been shown to decrease ischemia or reperfusion injury to the heart and brain.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) – A suggestion exists that shows there may be a connection between CFS and free radicals in the body. Antioxidants (such as Alpha Lipoic Acid) have been shown to be beneficial in the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) – Research has been completed that shows Alpha Lipoic Acid as a viable treatment option for MS.
- Neuropathy – When it comes to individuals who may be seeking to find a neuropathy treatment, Alpha Lipoic Acid has been shown to greatly reduce the symptoms of pain, sensitivity to touch, heat or cold, as well as symptoms of burning, itching, numbness, or tingling that are connected with diabetic patients who are suffering from peripheral neuropathy. It may take a several weeks for the treatment to take full effect and symptoms to improve, however any improvement with symptoms for those dealing with neuropathy, specifically peripheral neuropathy, is always welcomed. Since many individuals suffering from peripheral neuropathy also have diabetes, it is important to note that Alpha Lipoic Acid can lower sugar levels when combined with other types of medication used for treating diabetes, therefore, careful and diligent glucose monitoring is imperative.
Possible Side Effects
Alpha Lipoic Acid is a dietary supplement and should only be used under the supervision of a physician because of the possibility of side effects or interactions with other medications a patient may be taking. The side effects however, are generally rare and when present may include skin rash.
Learn about the best nerve pain solution on the market
The formula has been used by more than 100,000 people and comes with a 100% money back guarantee. If you act now, you can get a FREE 2 week trial of the product.